Today we’re excited to announce a big update to our iPad app: it now supports videos!!
This is a huge step forward in bringing big features and functionality to tablet versions of Playground Sessions.
Along with this, we’ve also added some huge improvements, including the ability to play Playground’s interactive sheet music lessons using the app’s on-screen keyboard instead of a physical keyboard. Our on-screen keyboard now supports multi-touch (you can play and hear more than one note at a time) and can be used in the lesson player for real-time feedback.
We’ve also updated the iPad app with the same keyboard configuration process that you experience on the desktop version (playing the far left key, then the far right key), allowing you to now configure the on-screen keyboard to match the size of your actual keyboard.
Thank you all for your suggestions, requests, and patience as we continue to improve our iPad app. We hope everybody enjoys this new version. Let us know, in the comments section below, what major features you’d like to see added to the iPad next!
- On-Screen Keyboard
- Now can play more than one note at a time.
- Now can use in lesson player, for when you don’t have a keyboard with you.
- Lesson Player
- Video player with notation-sync
- Minor performance improvements for sheet music
- Lesson Library
- Removed checksum checking (lessons download much quicker now)
- Login Prompt
- Moved input prompts up to allow more space for onscreen keyboard (soft keyboard)
- Settings -> Piano
- 85 key option replaced with 88 key option.
- “Custom” keyboard option added to configure the on-screen keyboard to match your actual keyboard.
- Updates System
- We’ve added in a new update check system that will notify users of updates, similar to how the desktop version of Playground does today.