Today, the Playground Sessions team is proud to announce the release of Playground Sessions 1.4. This release makes some important improvements on previous versions of Playground Sessions.
Here’s a quick look at some of the changes in the new version:
- Fixed licensing installer.
- Fixed expired members losing purchases.
- Fixed Guitar Center accounts.
- Feature -> Recently Added now works. This will now show the most recently released 40 songs.
- Metronome timing
- Badges now sync properly on fresh installs
- Arrangement by labels show the correct person
- New “Full Screen” mode.
- MIDI device monitor. Playground now detects when you plug in in a new keyboard.
- Multiple language support, starting with Chinese!*
- New “Edit Purchased Lessons” prompt allows users to install and uninstall lessons.
- “Hide Note Labels” button allows users to remove both note names (A, A#, etc) and Fingerings (1,2,etc) from the notation.
- Improved compatibility with Mac OSX 10.8+.
- Clicking “Download” on a lesson adds it to the queue. Hovering over a “Queued” lesson allows you to “Download Now”.
- “Perform” button now clickable in any segment, automatically forwarding to Full Song.
- Choosing a segment other than Full Song brings you back to “Practice” mode.
- Improved visual quality for Macs with Retina displays
- Faster app initialization.
- File signatures are checked during download, which will reduce occurrence corrupt files.
- Lowered Minimum Screen Resolution to 1024×768.
- Maximize Playground Sessions window by default.
- New Main Menu that is cleaner and always present.
- Billing info is no longer required if the balance is zero.
- Old “Install Everything” removed.
- New splash screen.
- New Help Menu entry “Open Playground Data Folder” that opens the Mac Finder / Windows Explorer folder for Playground.
- New Help Menu entry “Clear Playground Data” that allows a user to quickly remove all Playground Data, Lesson Data, Lesson Assets, DRM licenses, and Account/License settings.
- Improved logging for easier debugging.
- Playground logs are now compressed and rotated, which keeps the user from having giant log files.
- New sharp and flat symbols on keyboard.